Hard to believe we're more than halfway through Sivan. This is a hard time of year - the last half of Sivan until the last half of Av - two months of every possibility of troubles, and yet - we believe The Song Remains The Same - and what song is that? The songs the Levites sang in the Holy Temple every day, whether they are sung today or not, remain the same - and G-d willing we'll be singing them together again, one day soon. The Song Remains The Same - and yet everything changes. We're in that space but don't worry, everything old is new again and that which was lost will be found and it'll be just like a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago...
Summer is at the door. Travel (the characteristic of the month of Sivan) is at hand. Radio Free Nachlaot will be taking several road trips this summer - but don't worry, we'll be taking you along with us - and you will enjoy the ride, we promise!
Today's Torah Schedule:
- 1pm: Rebbetzin Rena Richman's Bat Melech Series continues with her in-depth study of The 10 Commandments
- 2pm: Rabbi Chaim Richman: "Receiving the Torah Anew"
- 3pm: Rabbi Moshe New: "Parshas Shelach: Strangers in the Night"
- 4pm: Rabbi Leib Shapiro: "Understanding the Meraglim" (Insights into Parsha Shelach)
- 5pm: Benzion Eliyahu Lehrer and Lorelai Kude discuss the Jewish Year
- 8am - 1pm: Lorelai is BACK with her "Morning Dew for the Morning Jew" Show and playing a lot of joyful music including a lot of California-themed songs (hint: upcoming travel destination!)
- 1pm - 6pm: "Israeli Soul" Afternoon - tribute to KAVERET - a.k.a. POOGY - "The Beatles of Israel" - love them, never get tired of hearing them even after all these years! "M'sipurei Poogy efshar l'mod!" (It's possible to learn something from the stories of Poogy").
- 6pm: Miriam Makeba "The Queen of African Music" - beautiful and moving, always true to the soul!
- 7pm: McCoy Tyner Trio & Michael Brecker - you'll love to chillax with this music!
- 9pm: Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same" - l'kavod the birthday of John Bonham zt"l.
- 11pm: Louis Armstrong "New Orleans Nights" - smooth and delicious!
- 11:30pm - 7:30am - THE ENTIRE MONTEREY POP FESTIVAL recording! Yes, all of it! There's so much good stuff here, and we wanted to play something special for our friends in the U.S. who are just rolling off of the long Memorial Day Weekend - why not celebrate Memorial Day with something really memorable? It'll start 11:30pm Jerusalem time / 1:30pm California Time - something to take all you on the Other Side through the day and into your evening - and us into our early morning - you'll hear The Association, Lou Rawls, Eric Burden & The Animals, Simon & Garfunkle, Canned Heat, Janis Joplin with Big Brother & The Holding Company, Country Joe & The Fish, Al Kooper, Butterfield Blues Band, Quicksilver, Steve Miller, Electric Flag, Moby Grape, The Byrds, Laura Nyro, The Jefferson Airplane, Booker T & The MG's, Otis Redding, Ravi Shankar, Buffalo Springfield, The Who, The Grateful Dead (yes they WERE there!), Jimi Hendrix and The Mamas & The Papas.
Worth staying up all night just to listen! :)