Sunday, November 23, 2014
You Say It's Our (Fifth) Birthday....!!!
Tov M'od, in fact - it's Radio Free Nachlaot's 5th Birthday!
Join us as we celebrate our Birthday Month on the radio all month long (yeah, we like to milk it!)
WE'RE NOT THE BEST AT WHAT WE DO, WE'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO DO IT.
Streaming the best music, talk & Torah 24/6 from Jerusalem to the World for the last five years, Gevaldt!
Give a big Mazal Tov Shout-out to the RFN Crew!
Papa Radio Steve Levine
Mama Radio Lorelai Kude
DJ Maya Queen of Monday Night Radio
Tzadekis Gadolah & DJ Rena Meriash-levine
Brainiac "Brainwaves" Brian Blum
"Jerusalem Stories" Producers & Creators Jay & Renee Garfinkel... and so so many more friends who have joined us on-air over the last 5 years, helping to make Radio Free Nachlaot the best Internet radio station in the world!
Here are 5 reasons why we're awesome:
1) We broadcast 24/6 and shut down for Shabbos. No automatic loop play, nothing. Dead air = Kiddush HaShem!
2) ALL our music is hand-programmed. None of this Pandora-ish pick a genre and we'll fill in the blanks for you. Steve Levine and Lorelai Kude take turns programming (throwing the stream back and forth between us every 12 hours) and we're sensitive to the MOOD of the moment, what's happening in the Parsha, in the news, in our lives and the lives of those we care about, etc. - and the music reflects that.
3) We don't have advertisers or play ads during our programming because we wanted to build a listener-supported model. Is it working? You tell us! Both Steve and I have other jobs that pay the bills and we do it anyway.
4) We're a safe place. When things are stressful you can always listen to other Internet radio stations which broadcast news from Israel - we broadcast LOVE from Israel. You won't get hurt listening to our radio station (unless you're allergic to the Grateful Dead). and finally
5) We've created a world-wide community of listeners who have become friends in real life. You write to us. You visit us, we visit you! It's more than interactive, it's RELATIONSHIP RADIO. Yeah we rock!
To support us please make a contribution via PayPal using the PayPal icon on the left top of this web page. Throw some spare change into our virtual guitar case, please and thank you!