Monday, Monday ... the Mamas & the Papas said, "Can't trust that day." Well we're here to restore trust and confidence in Mondays. Don't be afraid - we only use our powers for good and never evil. Subtle themes running through today's programming include "Fathers and Sons" ... read on!
So, what's REALLY going on? We're enjoying "Homegrown Hour" this morning on Lorelai's "Morning Dew" Show - music from holistic artist Shayna Bracha Farber, our local Breslev Rock Star Dani Meir Maman and UK-based David Dome.
We receive so much music from our friends, fans and listeners we're thinking of instituting a regular "Homegrown Hour" to enjoy the smokin' hot & cool sounds coming out of your creative efforts. Do you have music you want to send to us? Email us at email@example.com - we want to hear it!
Well, as if that wasn't enough - yes, there's more!
- 11am: Benzion Eliyahu Lehrer and Lorelai continue their cosmic conversational journey through the Hebrew Calendar and the Jewish Year Diet
- 1pm - 3pm: "Fathers and Sons" on "Israeli Soul Afternoon" - music from Moshav Modiin's own Yankele Shemesh and his son Oneg Shemesh - sure to delight!
- 3pm: Rav Avraham Sutton's journey through the Jewish Holiday Cycle continues with "Elul, Part 5"
- 5pm: "Na-Na-Nachin' on Heaven's Door" - Rav Avraham Sutton brings down and gives over what the Baal Shem Tov taught about Food and Eating (Part 1). Repeats at 5am after the Grateful Dead Show.
- 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Blood Sweat & Tears "Child is Father to the Man"
- 7:30pm - 8:30pm - Punk Jews Blanket Statementstein perform their music (including the much-requested favorite, "Hippies Need Money for Weed" - Gevalt, forget about weed: hippies need money for tzedaka, Shabbos dinners and the kids tuition!)
- 8:30pm - 10:30pm - Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing" - the 1998 extended special edition - hot and smokin'!
- 11pm - 5am: The Grateful Dead and New Riders of the Purple Sage tear up the Fillmore East from the 5/15/70 Show - Gevaldt, it's one from the Vaults, and it's a long GOOD ONE!!!